Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Disneyland Mini Album

A few years ago I made this mini album at work (CTMH). It was a great project for me because I was able to use photos of my own family. Since this week is Thanksgiving I've been thinking alot of things I'm grateful for. My husband, children, and grandchildren are right at the top of that list. This mini captured the fun and love that we have together as a family. 
Six of my grandchildren (see the seventh below in previous post), my pride and joy.
My grandaughters couldn't wait to see the princesses so we went to Ariels Grotto for breakfast and they had a chance to see them up close and personal. 
Loved those Cricut cut doilies from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge, and when you flipped the acrylic page over there was a completly different page hiding behind.
My oldest son is a great fan of "Nightmare Before Christmas" so a picture with Jack was mandatory. Filmstrips are a great way to get more photos on the page.
These cute stamp sets helped capture the magic and the fun we were having. Inserting a smaller page between larger ones added lots of interest to the overall album.

The acrylic page flips over and needs to look good on both sides. Adding a pocket to the mini gives a place to hold journaling strips and adds dimension.  Because only a portion of the journaling shows you are tempted to pull them out to finish reading them.
The back side of the pocket had to look just as good as the front. Thinking through the back at the same time as you are making the front is mandatory. The stamped images added lots of interest to the page. All of the striped paper was made by paper piecing with hand stamping so I could get just the right colors.
 The argyle border below is stamped as is the tag and the bottom accent. Keeping the pages fairly simple kept the overall look from being to busy for my taste.
The back cover has a favorite photo of the five oldest grandkids. They had an amazing time and can't wait for our next family vacation.

1 comment: